The Cairnes Building accommodates the J.E. Cairnes Graduate School of Business & Public Policy and Friar’s Café and Restaurant. It is named after John Elliott Cairnes (1923-1875), a distinguished Irish economist and Professor of Jurisprudence and Political Economy at NUI Galway (then Queen’s College Galway).

Designed by RKD Architects and opened in 2005, the Cairnes Buildings adjoins St. Anthony’s, a building formerly owned by the Franciscan Order and purchased by the University in 1991.

Floor area: 7213 m2

The electricity consumed by this building in the past week is equivalent to...
Caption Text
Caption Two
Caption Three

On small screens try landscape mode